In less than two weeks, I’m going to visit Seattle for the first time. I’m so excited to travel to a new place. One of my 2017 resolutions was to do it more often! So, when a friend invited me on a weekend getaway at the end of the month, I said yes without hesitation.
One thing that I’m nervous about for the trip is the weather. I don’t handle cold very well, so I need to pack many layers of clothes and fit everything inside my carry on. Here’s an overview of how I packed for this trip:
- Destination: Seattle, WA
- Trip Length: 3 days
- Destination Weather: Mostly rainy & cloudy. 7/-2 °C
I’m going to wear three layers of clothes each day: a cozy tee, a warm sweater, and a jacket or coat. Those are a lot of layers, guys. Then, I will add some accessories like a hat, gloves, and scarf to survive the winter. Also, for the first time in my life, I will buy a pair of rain boots. I’m so excited about that!
So far, my outfits will be something like this:
- Basic Long Sleeve Tee: I will bring 4 of these. They are going to my base layer.
- Turtle Neck Sweater (H&M)
- Knit Sweater (H&M)
- One pair of Black Jeans (Topshop): Black jeans can make you look like a cool girl.
- Jeans (Madewell): Denim Jeans are always basic!!! Super versatile and can be wore them several times.
- Rain Jacket: It’s Seattle, so it’s always raining.
- Cardigan (H&M): To wear it underneath the jacket.
- Sneakers (Nike): You’re going to walk a lot.
- Rain Boots (Nordstrom): For obvious reasons!
- Ankle Boots with heel (Topshop): Just adding an extra pair in case you go to a fancy dinner and want to wear something cute and nice.
- Backpack (Nordstrom): I love to carry everything with me. From makeup bag, phone charger, camera, emergency kit and etc. The solution is to carry everything in a cute backpack. Bonus: They look amazing on pictures.
- Small Bag: (Kate Spade) After you´ve been carrying around a heavy backpack, sometimes you might want to change it for a small bag to for sightseeing and exploring.
- Carry On
As an INTJ personality, I need to have everything planned! It’s very important to know what you are going to do on your trip, so you will know what to pack and also to save time while doing it. You will want to be relaxed the days leading up to the trip and not be worrying about what are you going to wear.
Any recommendations for restaurants, fun things to do, and coffeeshops in Seattle? Let me know in the comments below!