In September, it will be 3 years since I moved to Phoenix, Arizona. People often ask if I’m happy here, and the answer is always yes! Yet, I’m definitely still getting used to it, which is why I want to share the 5 things I’ve learned living in Arizona. Here they are!
- Hiking. Phoenicians take hiking very seriously, especially Camelback Mountain. This is really everyone’s favorite hobby. I still don’t understand the fun of it—I never hike! To be really honest, I’m a little scared. I’ve heard so many stories about people coming across snakes or other reptiles, so….no thank you.
- Salsa Dancing. People like to assume that because I’m Mexican, I know how to salsa. People really love salsa here in Phoenix. There are a lot of places to go salsa dancing, like Dave Busters on Wednesdays or Blue Martini every Thursday.
- Geography. I’m not kidding when I say Phoenix has breathtaking sunsets. The desert has it’s own charm, but you can drive a few hours north to see snow, but LIKE A LOT OF SNOW, in Flagstaff. Arizona’s geography is so diverse. Green, mountains, snow, desert landscapes…it’s amazing.
- Activities. There are so many activities to do here. The heat doesn’t stop any Phoenicians! You can go to Spring Training games, the Arizona State Fair, music festivals, golf tournaments, and more. You’re never bored here!
- Food. Here in Phoenix, the food is amazing. There are so many delicious restaurants all around the valley! Personally, I’m obsessed with Fox Concepts Restaurants. Every time I’m with family or friends, it’s a struggle to pick where to go to have lunch or dinner, because everything is amazing here. So far, everyone has loved every place I’ve shown them!
I really love my life here in Arizona. I’m so thankful to be here! If you have any experiences living in or visiting AZ, share them in the comments below! I would love to know more about you.